Sunday, November 20, 2011

Audiovisual Internet

While browsing for some new topics I ran into quite a few articles about the internet.  One of those that really caught my eye was concerning Dreamworks, and their idea of animating the internet.   Now, when I first read about that, I thought, how on earth are they going to manage that? It seems like such a grand scaled idea, one that would take a major remodeling of the way we use the internet.

It may be that my thoughts were too complicated, which often happens, or that they were... no, I'm just going to go with they were too complicated.  The plan that Dreamworks has, at least how they explained it, seemed very simple, or on a smaller scale than I had imagined.  The fact that text makes things like this blog, email, and other communications so simple and easy will make them very hard to replace.  Dreamworks says that they have their sights set more on social media than a complete reworking of the internet as we know it.  Focusing on making given graphics better, and possibly enhancing the way Youtube works are some theories as to what this technology will be used for.

As a kinesthetic learner, I fully support audiovisual learning and interactions, especially since I'm pretty sure there will never be a day when I can physically handle all of the aspects of the internet.  Given that this project, though  fairly far along, is still in the testing stages, I am very curious to see how it turns out, and what effect it will have on our everyday lives.  Will everything become video?  Will online-shopping become more interactive?  Is this the first step towards the holographic communications we see in and movies such as Star Wars?  Personally, I think that would be kind of awesome, but we'll see where we go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment